Lead and/or collaborate in the design, development, and testing of robot algorithms, in one or more of these areas:
• Robot motion, especially reactive planning and replanning techniques, and machine learning for skill acquisition.
• Robot vision, SIFT and other approaches to both face and object recognition, vision processing in service of SLAM, and surface modeling in service of manipulation.
• Manipulation and grasping, especially software compliant approaches that are compatible with a variety of grips and objects, e.g. a cupping motion, a pinching action, and a more generic grasp.
• Hardware design, especially of compliant end-effectors.
You love working on high level algorithms or the metal and have experience with sensors, motors, and other devices. You have a proven track record of delivering ideas into working prototypes at high velocity. You’ve architected some serious systems and may have even been a team lead.
These roles permit flexible working hours. They include the opportunity to work remotely, or in the San Francisco Bay Area. Full time employment or contract work are options, as are consulting arrangements for lead design roles. Required Experience
• Candidates for leadership positions should have a PhD in a relevant area, and 5+ years of experience in both designing robotic solutions, and directing a team to implement them. Recruiting a team is also a job opportunity/role.
• Candidates for developer positions should have an MS or PhD, and 2+ years experience building significant robotic systems.
• Expertise in C++/ C is important.
• Experience with using / extending ROS framework.
• Robotics sector experience (SW and HW).
• Real-time programming experience and writing control loops a plus.
• Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning a plus.
• Experience in working in Agile organizations (Scrum).
The compensation package will be competitive and substantial, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and company benefits.
If you see yourself working alongside founders, leading engineers and researchers to produce world-changing products that people will love, while also solving challenging problems around machine learning and robotics – Feel welcome to apply.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org