Reporting directly to the CTO, the Director of Software Engineering will be a member of Aeolus Robotics’ senior leadership team. You will be shepherding the day-to-day activities of the entire software organization (currently 50+ developers), strategically guiding development of our products and robotics platform. You will be accountable for the full life-cycle, from product software and robotic agent architecture planning through development, quality assurance and release management. You will also cooperate with our Marketing department to plan new features and do research in order to make technology readiness decisions.
A candidate for this position will need a track record of successful product delivery in complex new systems, and a reputation for driving productivity and delivering results. Ideally you will have had this success in integrated hardware/software environments, machine learning, or robotics.
You will be leading a worldwide team of top coders and technical experts, with an initial focus on household tidying, and people care applications, including advances in:
• Visual modelling and perception.
• Language understanding at a distance.
• Navigation in dynamic, unstructured “human” spaces.
• Flexible robotic manipulation.
• Reliable, effective behaviour in the real world.
• Create and maintain processes that enhance software quality by various methods including lean startup principles, agile methodologies, and continuous delivery.
• Lead and drive Aeolus’ day-to-day software engineering efforts, including architecture planning, development, and quality assurance.
• Identify and remove roadblocks for your team in a responsive manner in order to maintain consistently high productivity.
• Participate actively in software engineering efforts, leading in the trenches to solve challenging technical issues, provide innovative solutions to real engineering problems and serve as an example to staff.
• Be a Scrum Leader, capable of sprint planning in service of detailed test plans you develop for the software team.
• Accomplished software engineer with 8+ years of software experience and at least 3+ years Team Lead experience.
• Must have experience managing efforts with larger teams.
• Experience specifically in robotics or integrated hardware/software systems.
• Process-oriented but comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment, including background in both small and large engineering organizations.
• Successful track record of defining and executing technical projects which have had major impact on company performance in the market.
• Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex, and difficult technical decisions.
• Deep expertise in C/C++ is important.
• Robotics sector experience (SW and HW).
• Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning.
• Having cloud, web, mobile based development & deployment experience will be an asset.
• Experience in working in Agile organizations (Scrum).
• Agile Project Management.
• High Team Leadership skills.
• Nice to have previous experience with development and support of customer-facing applications.
The compensation package will be competitive and substantial, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and company benefits. If you see yourself working alongside founders, leading engineers and researchers to produce world-changing products that people will love, while also solving challenging problems around machine learning and robotics – Feel welcome to apply.
Email to: email@example.com